Saturday, October 28, 2023

Intuitive Art Discoveries

I was behind getting my blog out.  Here is a past issue.


The Swimmer
14 x 18 " Oil On Canvas
More Information Here

I finished an intuitive piece that started without any ideas or direction- just colors of paint.  II then knew the direction in which I had to go with it.  A simple blob of brown and some aqua ended up as ‘The Swimmer’, after a few marks and lines. 

I was sick for the past week, and failed to get a lot done that I had planned to carry out.  However, in the past couple of weeks I did, donate paintings for Galas auctions. The Forsyth County Humane Society is a no-kill shelter that has become affiliated with our Suwannee-Cumming Art Center.  Those who know me well know how much I love and respect animals, so that was an easy choice.  I also donated a painting to The Music Academy of NC for a friend.  The proceeds will be used toward their program for less fortunate young musicians to pursue their dreams. 


Roswell Fine Arts Alliance Gallery latest Exhibition, “Dark Side / Light Side”, shows art with wide transitions in values.  The gallery is open Fridays and Saturdays from 11 am- 4 pm on Fouts Road in Roswell.  Stop in to see some of the works of its many gifted members.  You can also see some art by Members by following their Roswell Fine Arts Alliance Facebook and Instagram pages; or purchase art on their new Website Shop at https://www.rfaa.org/shop . Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get my photos together this quarter.   I should be ready closer to Christmas when they again change out the art in the Shop.   


Many of us like to start Holiday shopping early once the weather turns cool.  I’m offering a 35% Discount on my artwork to all Subscribers of my newsletter throughout October.  


“An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision." ~James McNeill Whistler


I hope you all have a very productive  week.  The weather in the Atlanta area should be absolutely perfect! 


Artfully, 


Diane 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...