Monday, February 6, 2012

My Latest Oil Paintings

Lake Como, Italy 
22x28" Oil on Canvas

Capri, Italy 
18x24" Oil on Canvas

Tuscan Farmhouse Courtyard
16x20" Oil on Canvas

I am presenting my latest artwork on my blog again due to the fact that I am so terrible with technology that I accidentally deleted my last blog posting. 

My husband and I took a Mediterranean Cruise a couple of years ago, and I have bazillions of photos from our visits to Spain, France, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.  I may be painting from those photos for quite some time!  Although, I am looking forward to revisiting the same areas, as well as many more in the future. 

In 2009 I went alone to join up with a group in Cinque Terre, along the western coast of Italy.
The workshop was led by renown Australian Watercolor Artist, John Lovett (www.spashingpaint.com ).  He is regularly featured in International Artist Magazine(www.Internationalmagazine.com), and is a very patient instructor.  After almost 2 weeks in the medieval hill villages along the coast and in the Tuscany region, painting en plein aire, I realized that I needed to take more workshops with Mr. Lovett or stick with oils as my medium.  Watercolor is definitely NOT as easy as one might think!   Mr. Lovett is going to Lake Como and Venice (I haven't been there yet) this year, and I really hope I can go with the group.  Those Aussies know how to work hard and play harder!!!

If you enjoy what you see, please share it with your friends and family.  To see more of my paintings or to inquire about purchasing anything, please visit my Website at:  www.dianekhewitt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...