Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roses in Santorini by Diane K. Hewitt

"Santorini Flowers" 
20 x 24" Oil on Canvas

Santorini, Greece is one of my favorite places in the world!  The fabulous contrast between the whites of the homes and businesses, and the brilliant florals against the blues of the sea there astound me, and the textures of the the smooth structures next to the rocks and cliffs are a real treat for the eyes. You must be in fairly good health to visit Santorini, because there are stairs in every direction.  But it is so worth the effort!  The vistas are endless in this part of the world, and are an artist's dream.  This piece and others are for sale.  You can see all of my art if you CLICK HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...