Saturday, June 30, 2012

“Riomagiorre"- Cinque Terre by Diane K. Hewitt


“Riomagiorre"  by Diane K. Hewitt
14x11” Oil on Canvas

This painting was inspired by a trip to the Cinque Terra (5 Mountains) area along the eastern coast of Italy.   Riomagilrre was one of my favorite spots among these five incredibly colorful fishing villages in which my group painted each day. It was so relaxing to just sit and watch the fishermen leave each morning, and bring their boats back in at the end of the day with their catch.   It is nice to image the day-to-day lives of the people who actually live in these homes with such magnificent views.   I wonder if they are truly grateful for such an amazing location in which to exist.
This painting and more can be viewed and/or purchased by visiting my website...CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...