Friday, October 12, 2012

Tuscan Farmhouse Courtyard

“Tuscan Farmhouse Courtyard”
18x20" Oil on Canvas
by Diane K. Hewitt
This painting was inspired by a photograph taken in the courtyard of a Tuscan farmhouse, while I was on a trip in Italy.  This particular vignette drew my attention with the beautiful pottery, barrels, pumpkins and more.  Nearby grapes had been harvested for wine, loaded on trucks, and ready for market.  The farmer’s wife had set the perfect outdoor table for our bountiful luncheon of fresh vegetables, olives, cheeses, fresh pastas, and sumptuous wines. With the beautiful backdrop of the Italian hills, this delightful feast and fine companionship created perfect memories of our trip to the Tuscan region. 

If you would like to purchase this fall painting, or see more of my artwork in my Gallery at  CLICK HERE
This and other pieces are also available in affordable prints and greeting cards, wonderful for Thanksgiving Cards for friends and family through Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...