Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Spoonbill Flight

I have always loved watching birds.  Some time back, my husband and I were on a golf course at Amelia Island, Florida, when this brilliantly colored Cross Spoonbill soaring above us. I quickly took a photo, which I thought I would paint when we returned home from our trip.  The last time we were on a trip to a friend's home in Florida, a flock of pink birds were coming towards our car on the highway.  We were too slow to photograph them that time, but it reminded me to go back to my photo files and locate the Spoonbill photos from the time at Amelia. This painting is a result of that search.  I remember the day was a bit gloomy, and the excitement I felt when I saw the bird.  The contrast in the colors of the forest and bird were mesmerizing.  That regal, soaring bird instantly lifted my spirits.  

'Spoonbill Flight'
10 x 8" Oil on Canvas Board
Diane K. Hewitt


“Every bright word or picture is a piece of pleasure set afloat. The reader catches it, and he goes on his way rejoicing. It’s the business of art to send him that way as often as possible.” - Nancy Moran, Under The Starry Sky




You can purchase this original oil painting, or a framed print, HERE


Complimentary shipping on original oil paintings

in the Continental USA. 



See more of my art work and fine art prints HERE.


Note: Colors may vary slightly between actual painting and 

image, due to camera setting and viewing monitor.


Follow Me On: 

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Pinterest


Subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter "What's On The Easel" to receive news on latest art, 

receive discounts, behind the scenes, special promotions, and more HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...