Thursday, July 27, 2023

Beauty In Nature


A lone pine tree grows beneath a spectacular forest of aspens in Colorado.  I love visiting my sweet “niece”and her young family who live in Denver.  While we were there a few years ago, my husband and I enjoyed a visit to the William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody Museum and resting place, in the nearby city of Lookout Mountain.  It was there that I took the photo I used as a reference for ‘Bashful Pine Tree In The Aspens’.  I also discovered that “Buffalo Bill” was an American soldier, buffalo hunter and a showman, as well as some interesting bits about his friends , like Annie Oakley, and more.  Upon exiting the Museum, we noticed many hummingbird feeders on the front porch.  It was magical, as we watched dozens of hummingbirds flying around the heads of the tourists.  

I truly love the “Mile High City” of Denver. It’s worth the trip, if for nothing more than to visit the enchanting Denver Botanical Gardens.  I also painted a pond there during the winter, when it was frozen solid, also shown on my website.  Denver is surrounded by splendid scenery with copious aspens, lakes, streams and mountainous areas filled with trails and nature.  It’s a spot that always inspires my artistic soul.  What inspires you?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...