Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Blood In The Water

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a marvelous 4th of July, and that you love your country as much as I love mine!  I am grateful every day to live in such a free country.  Even though we have a lot of craziness going on right now, it is still the best.  

In honor of Shark Week, this piece was inspired by an underwater pic by a friend. Much gratitude to Drew O’Rourke for his scuba diving photography!   ‘Blood In The Water’, 6x8” is an Empressionistic Abstract Oil On Canvas Board. 


 ‘Blood In The Water’

5 x 7” Abstract 

Oil On Canvas Board 

Diane K. Hewitt 

 I also finished another piece this week. It's my interpretation of an extraordinary daybreak over the Atlantic Ocean.    My family and I saw many gorgeous sunrises when we owned a condo on the beach at Amelia Island, Florida. We were there for over 20 years, and I finally got around to painting one. This painting was much more challenging than I had imagined. Attempting to simplify God's perfect art work is never easy. See the painting here.


We had a Lucky WINNER of our Instagram Drawing Giveaway this month.  It was @isitapatel_!  She chose to receive a free print of ‘Tranquil Waves’.  Follow me on Instagram to see all future announcements about drawings.


Also, see what’s in my Studio Sale this week.  Invite your friends to subscribe to my Newsletter my Blog Site or Website  to them. They can use the Subscriber Discount Code: VIP25 for 25% off any of my original paintings not already discounted. This Code will be good through August.


 “Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do.” ~ Edgar Degas 


I hope you have a meaningful weekend


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...