Monday, October 30, 2023

It's My Party (and I'll cry if I want to)

 Here’s what’s on my easel this week.   The photo is a bit darker than the blush colored painting.  

t
It's My Party
20 x 16" Mixed Media on Canvas
More Information Here


The drips and direction of this recently completed abstract painting , ’It’s My Party”, clearly showed me a female face with white hair, and tears from my first acrylic drips, that I enhanced with a few features, marks and symbols.  She seemed to name herself.  


Tears can be very cathartic. I think they purge the body of toxins and stress, leaving us with a clean fresh start. 


I usually have about 8-10 paintings going at any time, as I wait for them to dry between layers. This mixed media piece, ‘Reach For The Sky’ was started some time back.  I hope you enjoy it!



ti
Reach For The Sky
20 x 16" Mixed Media on Canvas
More Information Here



My art is now represented on my Etsy store as well as my website.  Here is a link in case you ever want to take a look. There is a sale going on with 25% off fine art through the end of November.  Feel free to share the link with others.   I am still loading pieces as I find the time.  The good news is that Etsy allows for payments for larger pieces of art, an option not currently available on my website.  If you see a piece that you like on my website, but it is missing from my Etsy Shop, let me know and I will add it.  



“In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson 


I plan to show some unconditional love this week, and hope you will as well.


Artistically, 


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...