Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Opening My Wings

Butterfly Branch
14 x 18'
Water Color on Canvas

It has been quite some time since my last blog post.  My husband and  have lived in a constant state of flux in the past few years.  A part of that has been packing, unpacking, and looking for lost items. Some of those lost items have been some of my art equipment and supplies.  We had trouble locating the area where we both wanted to live. My husband wanted to live on a lake. I wanted to try living in a high rise in Atlanta.  We settled near Lake Lanier, and closer to our friends.  


I have always leaned on my friends for love and support during trying times.  And we have had our fair share of those in the last few years.  We downsized, my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, I tore my knee, had surgery, and spent months in rehabilitation only to realize I need a new knee.  Life has been a challenge to say the least.  


My husband retired after 36 years of practicing law.  I managed his office and was his secretary for almost 20 of those years.  So far, he has not enjoyed his forced retirement.  However, with him being home more, his help with our home, and his help caring for our very needy 16 year old Yorkshire Terrier, I have been free to finally get back to my passion - creating art!  I view that as the “silver lining” in this journey. 


These days find me feeling like I am finding my wings.  I plan to explore some new ways to express my truth, story and emotions through my art, as well as continuing my tried and true methods of painting ‘en plein aire’ and in-studio landscapes, seascapes, still lifes, etc.  I am currently in the process of organizing my art studio, sprucing up my website, and regaining some confidence,  Then, you will be seeing some new art coming forth.  


I hope you will sign up for my newsletter, “What’s On My Easel”, to follow my progress, and also check out my new and improved Website.  Wherever I follow my heart in my art, I know I will find peace in just getting my brush wet again!  I thank you all for your support! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...